[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis New Data and bot

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 13:36:24 BST 2011

On 10/06/2011 13:17, Ed Avis wrote:
> Richard Fairhurst<richard at ...>  writes:
>
>>> This is no doubt true.
>>> But surely having an area that has been *surveyed* to 100% road name
>>> completion is just as likely to put off any new contributors as one that
>>> was *traced* to 100%?
> I think we all agree that reaching 100% completeness with a collection
> of people
> doing diverse surveying methods (and even aerial tracing) is much better than
> reaching 90% completeness by importing.

Grr.  "100% road name completion" has become in this thread "100%
completeness".  There already exists one source of 100% OS-compatible
maps - the OS itself.  Why we need another one is unclear to me.

BTW sorry Ed - I'm not attacking you directly - it's just that the
general thrust in some of the mails here seems to be that mapping the
names of roads is all that matters.  I'm sure that that's not what you
meant (but I suspect that it is true for some of the people tracing
blindly from OSSV) - it's just that your posting was the most obvious
one to reply to.

Cheers,
Andy