[Talk-GB] UK "road name" coverage now over 80%

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:34:52 BST 2011

Ed Avis wrote:
> Even if you're in favour of armchair mapping, I think most agree that copying
> the names from the OS map is just 'phase 1', with the next and much more time-
> consuming step being to go out and resurvey to make sure.

Many of the discrepancies around here need a close look on the ground, but in
many cases the names ARE there and it is just a matter of getting the compare
process to mae the connection. SO there is little incentive to make changes
since OSM IS correct ... so the 80% is probably a little low in reality.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL