[Talk-GB] UK "road name" coverage now over 80%

Graham Stewart (GrahamS) graham at dalmuti.net
Thu Jun 30 10:27:21 BST 2011

Lester Caine wrote:

> there is little incentive to make changes
> since OSM IS correct ... so the 80% is probably a little low in reality.

There is still benefit in tagging these discrepancies (where OSM is correct
and OS is wrong) with the not:name tag - it maintains the accuracy of this
useful measure of our progress, helps direct effort to where it is most
needed and saves other mappers repeating your work.

Perhaps more importantly it helps us build a useful working relationship
with OS where we demonstrate that we have something to give, as well as
take.

GrahamS