[Talk-GB] Wiki - United_Kingdom_Tagging_Guidelines

Andrew andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:55:47 GMT 2011

Nick Whitelegg <Nick.Whitelegg at ...> writes:

> Tom,>Nick, we do indeed, and I agree the original tagging has its flaws.>The
 question Richard posed is simply whether it's premature to suggest that
 the newer proposal should be >documented as the appropriate schema.Just to
clarify I was not responsible for calling that page "UK recommended tagging", or
whatever: someone else created that page using an old page of mine (and others)
as a basis. I'd agree it shouldn't have such an authoritative title.Nick

The great strength of OSM is that it can be a platform for many (and hopefully
more to come) applications written by people all round the world.
Country-specific tagging guidelines make it more difficult to share applications
with the rest of the world.

--
Andrew