[Talk-GB] Tracing/Mapping Party Peebles for Sunday 10th April

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 11:11:29 BST 2011

Hi
We will be having a mapping party in Peebles on Sunday 10th April. We will be meeting with the local Orienteering group and we have been given permision to use the Canmore_ID extracted from
http://canmoremapping.rcahms.gov.uk/
To find monuments to map.
We are not allowed to copy the OS map that is shown. If we are succesful then we hope to persuade them to use Openstreetmap as one of the base layers in their map
It is worth while also looking at
http://free.findmaps.co.uk/
(I have already requested that they change the name "Urban Detail" to Openstreetmap
There is also much cycling, walking, canoeing, and Orienteering to do. So lots of tracing then getting out and about. We may even be featured in the local newspaper
please
 see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Edinburgh/MappingParty/2011-04-10
Cheers