[Talk-GB] traditional orchard survey

TimSC mappinglists at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Thu May 5 10:12:53 BST 2011

On 05/05/11 09:35, Peter Miller wrote:

> Just what I was thinking as well.
>
> Would someone (TimSC?) like to contact them. Given that it was from
> aerial survey and given that we have access to Bing aerial then all we
> need from these people is a geocodet and ideally also a name and their
> reference code for the orchard. We can create the boundary from that
> information. A geocode/name/reference is unlikely to contain any
> restrictive IPR.
>
> Regards,
>

> Peter

I am willing to ask them but I am a bit busy with other stuff. I had a
meeting set up with Openkent people, but it was postponed at the last
minute. And I want to try to get the BTCV tree data sets. Also, I
received a letter from Surrey county council saying they are considering
releasing the rights of way data as open data - but it won't happen in
the short term because of their scarce resources. Anyone who wants to be
the main person on the orchard survey, please go ahead!

TimSC