[Talk-GB] Drinking Map of UK

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Nov 24 09:05:07 GMT 2011

> Map on http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/showmap.php, shows we
> (OSM) have a long way to go.
>
> NB quaffale state "Most of the information contained within this
> site is within the public domain.", so it may be interesting to
pursue
> as a line of investigation...

I just compared what brewmap shows locally to me, and it shows two
that I don't have. One is a microbrewery in a pub I'm visiting this
evening, which despite one or two unsuccessful attempts at a beer
isn't properly plumbed in yet. They hope to start brewing shortly at
which time I'll tag it as a microbrewery (though I think the early
attempts mean they'll have had to register with HMRC already). The
other seems to be closed based on the information on their site:
http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/603
"The brewery was sold towards the end of 2003 and relocated to Fleet
Hall Road, Rochford in Essex and in 2006 moved once more to share
premises with Star. Following the closure of Star in the summer of
2007, the brewery was taken over by Wibblers." - and Wibblers is on
brewmap.

I think what I'm trying to say is that if we aren't including closed
breweries, we shouldn't expect to have a similar map to quaffale.

Ed