[Talk-GB] LCN - Local Cycle Network

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:15:07 GMT 2011

On 28 November 2011 17:11, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> There are also a couple of towns where local cyclists have devised their own
> networks and tagged them as 'lcn', even though there's little or no
> on-the-ground evidence. In some cases the cyclists are in active discussions
> with the transport authority to get this network adopted, but in others it
> may be more wistful.

We definitely shouldn't be doing this! Even for tagging "proposed"
routes I've always assumed that it should be "proposed by someone with
the authority to create it" - e.g. Sustrans' proposed national cycle
network routes, or a local authorities proposal for a local network -
i.e. not merely "proposed" by a campaign group. If there are routes in
OSM that are neither signed nor likely to be created, then such
wistful routes should be tagged, if at all, as something completely
different.

Cheers,
Andy