[Talk-GB] Wikipedia edit-a-thon, Bristol, 15 September

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Sep 7 20:58:24 BST 2011

I guess many OSM editors are also interested in Wikipedia...

I'm a Wikipedia, well as OSM, volunteer editor, currently based at
Wildscreen in Bristol. We're running two events next week, and would
like to invite you to attend.

If you can't attend, please tell your Bristol-area contacts (if
someone could forward this to the local OSM list, even better).

Here's the blurb...

The Wildscreen charity is teaming up with Wikimedia UK to run a pair
of events to improve Wikipedia articles about endangered species,
using text from Wildscreen's award winning ARKive project
(http://www.arkive.org).

The events will be suitable for people who've never edited Wikipedia
before - it's easy to do, and fun - but you will need to bring a wi-fi
enabled laptop or similar device.

The events will be held at The Watershed, the Harbourside, Bristol, on
Thursday 15 September, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

You can read more about Wildscreen, ARKive and the events themselves,
at http://bit.ly/wikiwildlife

Places are limited, so book now!

Sorry for the short notice.

--
Andy Mabbett
Wikipedia Outreach Ambassador to Wildscreen