[Talk-GB] 'Can't load map'

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Sep 29 09:03:56 BST 2011

On 28/09/11 20:36, Peter Miller wrote:

> A major inconvenience for me recently has been the return of the 'can't
> load map' error message when using Potlatch 2 which I understand is some
> sort of time-out between Potlatch and the server.
>
> What needs to happen to get this resolved (in Potlatch or in the server
> as appropriate)? Is that work in progress or is it really difficult to
> sort out? Can I help in some way?

Well mostly I would say that somebody needs to report it. If the
developers and admins aren't aware of a problem they are unlikely to be
doing anything to resolve it.

Is that really all it's saying? As I recall I added the necessary server
side code some time ago to allow Potlatch to report the actual error
that the server encountered.

At the very least you need to give us some information like a timestamp
and/or IP address that would allow us to look at the logs.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/