[Talk-GB] Queen Elizabeth II playing fields

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:52:19 GMT 2012

On 6 December 2012 18:46, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> As such these playing fields are legally protected and as such I believe that the
> designation tag is suitable:
>
> * designation = King George’s Field
>
> It looks like a similar legal designation will be made for the Queen
> Elizabeth II Fields, so I suggest a polygon be drawn around these and tagged
> with:
>
> * designation = Queen Elizabeth II Fields

I'd agree that the designation tag is suitable for recording this information.

However, pretty much all the other commonly used values for
designation=* use lower case letters and underscores. I guess this
helps to emphasise that it takes a finite set of defined values rather
than being a free text field. I'd therefore suggest the following
values instead:

designation = king_georges_field
designation = queen_elizabeth_ii_field

(Note I've also made the second one singular to match the first; and
also dropped the apostrophe from the first, since it didn't seem to
fit in with the space and underscore format.)

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker