[Talk-GB] Added road schemes announced in the Autumn Statement in OSM

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Dec 7 13:31:55 GMT 2012

Just to say that I have added tagging and a relations for both of the main
road schemes mentioned specifically in the Autumn Statement. I have also
updated a couple of other schemes to use the same tagging as outlined in
outlined on the wiki here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_life_cycle_concepts In all
cases I have modelled them in a manner in which software could interpret
the tags and create a routable model for the proposed scheme. I would be
very happy to get any feedback on the approach, either on this list on or
the wiki page. I have tended to use the source tag to hold a URL link to
the document I used to establish the route.

The two schemes mentioned in the Autumn Statement:

A1 (Leeming Bar and Barton)

A30 Temple to High Carblake

Two other schemes:
A11 at Thetford

SEMMMs in Machester
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2623484<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=2623484>

A final observation is that the information for these schemes is sometimes
vague, fragmented, non-existent or contradictory. As such I think it may be
worth creating wiki-pages on the OSM wiki for some of the larger or more
troublesome ones where people can work together to agree what should be in
OSM. Indeed, one question for any scheme is if it is certain enough to
happy to be in OSM at all.

Regards,

Peter Miller (PeterIto)