[Talk-GB] Added road schemes announced in the Autumn Statement in OSM

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Dec 7 14:10:29 GMT 2012

Peter Miller wrote:
> Just to say that I have added tagging and a relations for both of the
> main road schemes mentioned specifically in the Autumn Statement.

Is there any actual benefit to doing this before construction actually
starts?  Until that point nothing on the ground has changed - only the
degree of smugness on a politician's face.

OSM unfortunately has more than it's fair share of "I wish there was a
cycle route here" or "I wish there was a bypass there" - shouldn't we be
more worried about mapping what's here now?

Cheers,
Andy