[Talk-GB] When is a police station not a police station?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon Dec 31 09:09:03 GMT 2012

Andy wrote:

> My local station is one of those affected by the cuts and while
the
> building is still in use for parking patrol cars and has the odd
plod in
> residence all public facing services have been transferred
elsewhere.

> Has anyone else dealt with this before? What did you do?

I went with
opening_hours=closed
As in your example, it is currently still a police station, but is
currently not open to the public (yet may be again in the future).

For the one that closed in Brightlingsea I removed the police
station tag:
as they moved into the fire station a short distance away instead of
keeping the building as a police station
http://osm.org/go/0EHO1_CgB--?m

Ed