[Talk-GB] When is a police station not a police station?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Dec 31 09:36:11 GMT 2012

Many police services are considering providing front counter services out
of post offices, cafes, supermarkets! So we will have to separate the
function (front counter, police office, vehicle park) from the physical
object (police station, post office, car park).

I would suggest that we continue to use amenity=police both for police
stations and for police amenities placed in other buildings (like front
counters in fire stations). Even police stations without front counters are
amenities, the public will at times visit them, if not to report a crime.
We could then use opening_hours=* and perhaps, as Andy suggests,
counter=yes/no, to denote what services the public can expect to find.

Regards,
Tom