[Talk-GB] Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM

Steven Horner steven at stevenhorner.com
Mon Dec 31 11:56:41 GMT 2012

Barry: I applied on Nov 28th but contacted the PRoW team who I have some
contact with, I received the below response on Dec 10th. It's good to read
they have made some progress and applied for an exemption. Do you have any
thoughts on how you would tag the paths if adding to OSM as I mentioned.

I was just looking at the data you have up on your website when your reply
came in ;-)

Steven

*Re: Digital PROW information***

At present we don't supply the digital information other than direct people
to the online Definitive Map.

We are aware of the Government's Open Data project and we (in conjunction
with DCC's GIS people) are looking into the possiblility of making the data
available in alternative ways.

We hope to have sorted something out regarding our policy either this week
or early next week.  I can let you know as soon as I do.

regards

Leigh Coulson

Access & Rights of Way

--