[Talk-GB] Byway between Muston and Belvoir (was "Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM")

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:26:55 GMT 2012

I find that quite often it helps to pull up the historic map layers. Here
is a screenshot showing the route of the "road" as shown on OS 25k 1st
series map:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6J5ZA1hu93bOXEtZE1XY01zcEE
(I'll try to keep this up online for a few months)

The local authority would simply have used this existing route diagonally
across the field. The farmer on the other hand drives his tractor in paths
parallel to the northern hedge, and hence the diagonal route is no longer
visible on the ground. In this example, it is up to you what you do. I
would:

* recognise that the diversion is not that long, and that the original
"road" will likely have been ploughed up anyway
* therefore accept the farmers change and write to the Local Authority
suggesting that they update their records with the new route.

Regards,
Rob