[Talk-GB] Mapping Monmouth and working with Monmouthpedia

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Jan 3 14:54:56 GMT 2012

Our friends at at Wikipedia are planning a blitz on articles relating
to the town of Monmouth:

which is garnering a lot of publicity:

and will involve the deployment of thousands of QRpedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRpedia> QR codes around the town;.and
the creation if many new articles.

It would be good if we could support this initiative by ensuring that
our mapping of Monmouth is as complete and up-to-date as possible, and
that features which are the subject of articles are tagged as such,

There'll also be a drive to photograph all the notable buildings and
other features in Monmouth and upload the images to Wikimedia Commons:

and would be good to also get any and all commemorative (blue) plaques
in Monmouth photographed and onto OpenPlaques:

and in our map.

Do we have any Monmouth mappers who would like to be involved?

Andy Mabbett