[Talk-GB] Scottish National Park Rendering

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:54:54 GMT 2012

Afternoon all,

Scotland's National Parks don't seem to show up on OpenStreetMap in
the same way as those in England & Wales…

I have recently added a relation for the Cairngorms NP[1], and this is
starting to show up as a boundary line at higher zoom levels, and I
presume this will gradually be completed as tiles are re-rendered. Is
it just a matter of time until the lower levels of zoom are rendered
with the green fill? The boundary line works in both Mapnik and
Osmarenderer layers, e.g. near Killiecrankie

However, there has been a way in for the Lomond & Trossachs NP[2] for
some time, but this is only rendered as a boundary on the Osmarenderer
layer, but not Mapnik (either low or high zooms), e.g. near Balloch

Is this to do with the direction of the way, should it be converted to
a relation (might be worthwhile anyway), or are there additional tags
that should be added? I have looked at other NPs and don't think the
latter is the case.

Not a massively important issue, but it just seems a bit strange, and
it would be nice to show these on the map.

Cheers, Donald

1. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1947603 - Cairngorms NP

2. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/46343328 - Lomond & Trossachs NP

Donald Noble