[Talk-GB] GB License Change Readiness

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Jan 8 16:50:29 GMT 2012

On 08/01/2012 16:05, Lester Caine wrote:
> Michael Collinson wrote:
>> In the UK, the situation is slightly less rosy, with 96% of nodes and
>> 94% of
>> highways coming from folks who have accepted the new terms.
>
> Is there a mechanism for listing users with the greatest number of
> 'problem' commits. I've very few problems in my own area, but user 80n
> seems to be contaminating a large sway of the country so it seems to
> me we need to 'start at the top' and if these users confirm that there
> work has to be redone, then we can look at things like re-baseing the
> motorway system nodes ....

Hi Lester,

http://odbl.poole.ch/great_britain-20111208-20120104-poly.html ? (note
that this is not rebuilt every day)

and http://odbl.de/great_britain.html for context (rebuilt weekly)

I am just sending personal messages to any undecided (yellow)
contributor with over 5,000 nodes as your message came in and all
undecided contributors have had two "official" OpenStreetMap mailings.
However, the issue at the moment is that in many cases Undecided =
Unreachable due to spam filters, no longer valid email addresses, and
sadly decease or impacity. So we don't know.  Due to privacy
considerations, that is as far as the License Working Group can go.  I
hope that the current initiative will reach more due to personal
knowledge and contact by other UK mappers.

There are also some undecided and declined contributors who are making a
point but may accept at the last moment. I hope we are sending out an
equitable signal that this *is* the last moment without shutting the door.

I personally wait a week, i.e. at least one weekend, and then pile in
and remap what I can.

Mike