[Talk-GB] GB License Change Readiness

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Tue Jan 10 19:22:34 GMT 2012

Personally, I am still working to find a way forward so that OSM can
remain compatible with Creative Commons.  I joined OSM to help make a
free Creative Commons (or compatible) map of the world and that
remains my goal.  There are a couple of avenues I am working on which
I'd be happy to talk about by email or face to face.

I had hoped that discussions with the LWG might result in a reasonable
compromise such as continuing to offer CC-BY-SA in parallel with ODbL,
and that I would be able to persuade other pro-CC mappers to support
that too.  But I can't speak for what others will do.

I really don't want to just give up and go home unless every possibility has been
exhausted.  It is not too late.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>