[Talk-GB] Stations and platforms=*

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 28 14:56:43 BST 2012

On "the continent" it is not uncommon to have very long platforms in
major stations, with a through central track and crossovers half way
along. Like that you can get two trains at the same "platform" at the
same time, and the rear train can use the crossover to leave the station
before the front train. Like this you get four platforms out of one
single "lump of concrete".