[Talk-GB] Licence change - one month to go

MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 11:01:31 GMT 2012

I agree that we want to try and have a complete main road network network.

Whilst longish stretches of road are easy to spot there are a lot of
other small sections (eg. bridges) which are harder to see on cleanmap
(unless the rest of the area is clean).

We also have the issue of nodes going at highway junctions. Even if the
ways stay we may loose the critical join.  There a still a number of
motorway junctions like this across the UK (and there must be plenty on
trunk roads).  You need OSMI to see these and with things like footpaths
(which we can't remap remotely) adding to the red it is very difficult
to spot.   I do wonder if it would be easier to erase things we can't
remap so we can identify more easily those we can.

As Robert says getting a list of problem highway nodes/ways would be a
good step.

Mark_S