[Talk-GB] Licence change - one month to go

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Mar 6 15:48:50 GMT 2012

Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
> Excellent -- thanks to both of you for getting this done.

The credit belongs to Simon, not me! I believe that he is willing to
regenerate the list on occasion, but will wait to be contradicted if that's
not the case.

> I think the trunk roads are doable too if enough people help out.

Absolutely. I'm entirely sure we'll have 99.9% trunk road and motorway
coverage by changeover day, and that the 0.1% will be a result of not
spotting things rather than not having enough manpower.

I'd like to think we'll be most of the way there with the primary and
secondary roads, too. IME the main things that are likely to be lost are
housing estates done by one dedicated mapper who has declined or is
uncontactable, and isolated POIs such as phone boxes, post-boxes and pubs.
(But I've not looked at really densely-mapped areas such as London, and the
situation may be more serious there.)

cheers
Richard