[Talk-GB] Cycle route 20 / Wandle Trail fragmented

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:47:32 GMT 2012

On 12 March 2012 13:37, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 March 2012 14:23, MT_Payne <trevyp19 at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> NCN route 20 used to be continuous on the OSM, as it is on the ground and on
>> Sustrans site, checked from Wandsworth to Carshalton and on to Oaks Park.
>> Several sections appear to be missing on OSM:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.4045&lon=-0.1829&zoom=12&layers=C
>> Does anyone know what happened? Is there a simple fix?
>
> I suspect someone has deleted and/or otherwise broken the route
> relation. All that's left are the stretches that also carried ncn_ref
> tags on the ways.
>
> It would be best to find the NCN 20 relation and fix it. I don't know
> what the ID number was, nor any particularly easy way to find out.

Yep, as suspected, it's a deleted relation. I used OWL to find it.

Deleted on the 9th January this year:

It's hard to see the history of such well-edited relations, since our
browsing interface will simply time out. However, the last version is
here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/12179/166

If someone wants to try reinstating the relation, that would be great.

Cheers,
Andy