[Talk-GB] Un-relicensable roads - now with secondary roads included

ed at loach.me.uk ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Mar 23 08:51:16 GMT 2012

Jason Cunningham wrote:
> Just had a look at the text file. Can anyone give me some advice on a
> way to quickly find the locations given in file?

SomeoneElse replied:
> It's the way ID:

> http://osm.mapki.com/history/way.php?id=78499375

If it helps, I wrote a quick web application that reads in the latest copy
of the file(*) when you start a session, and displays the id as a
hyperlink (with optional api and remote control links as well).

http://www.loach.me.uk/osm/ukroads/

I've been working down the list in ID order (though you can sort the
columns if you want) following this method:
a) use the id link to browse the way to check it hasn't already been
deleted or marked as odbl=clean
b) if it does need remapping, use the remote control link to open the way
in JOSM
c) in JOSM, use the download button to download the area around the way
d) in JOSM run the licence check plugin
e) remap the way and any adjacent major ways
f) upload

Ed

(*) written originally for the major roads file, which is still default,
you can now also select the file which contains the secondary ways as well
from the dropdown list. I've not yet started on that list...