[Talk-GB] Remapping update

Nick Austin nick.w.austin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:52:36 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Nick Whitelegg
<Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Incidentally, is just "knowing the footpaths" evidence enough to tag with
> "odbl=clean"? Or is there the risk that the footpath was created with "iffy"
> sources?

If the way was created by a declining contributor then most (if not
all) of it's nodes will have been created by the same person and
therfore every node will also need an odbl=clean. Because of this I
find that for ways that are highlighted in red on OSM Inspector it is
usually faster to delete the way and re-create it from Bing and/or GPS
traces.

This also applies if a way created was clean but subsequently a
declining contributor has re-adjusted its route. Every moved node is
now tainted and requires an odbl=clean (and/or re-creating).

Incidentally I believe that the behaviour of OSM Inspector has changed
a few weeks ago. Before then it didn't always show nodes that had
problems if it was included in a way with problems. Hence an area that
was checked with OSM Inspector a while back and declared clean ought
to be re-checked for bad nodes.

Nick.