[Talk-GB] Permissive paths and "uncrecorded rights of way"

Peter Rounce peter at rounce.me.uk
Tue May 1 14:21:32 BST 2012

In addition to the definitive map, there is a "list of streets" which
should be kept by councils and London boroughs.
These are also rights of way.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/66
The council of every county [F93, metropolitan district] and London borough
and the Common Council shall cause to be made, and shall keep corrected up
to date, a list of the streets within their area which are highways
maintainable at the public expense.
(7)Every list made under subsection (6) above shall be kept deposited at
the offices of the council by whom it was made and may be inspected by any
person free of charge at all reasonable hours and in the case of a list made
by the council of a county [F94in England], the county council shall supply
to the council of each district in the county an up to date list of the
streets within the area of the district that are highways maintainable at
the public expense, and the list so supplied shall be kept deposited at the
office of the district council and may be inspected by any person free
of charge
at all reasonable hours.

Peter