[Talk-GB] Admin Boundaries and OS OpenData BoundaryLine

David Fisher djfisher81 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:26:32 BST 2012

Hi all,
I was just wondering whether, beyond the obvious use of having accurate
boundary data in OSM, the Boundary Line data could also be used to align
aerial imagery, particularly at the closest zoom levels?
For instance, I map in South London, close to multiple borough boundaries.
As a test, I downloaded the (more accurate) 2010 data last night and opened
it in JOSM as a layer along with downloaded OSM data and Bing imagery.  In
certain places the Bing imagery shows obvious geometric shapes such as
building outlines or fences/hedges, which it could reasonably assumed that
the boundary would follow (and of course the more you look along the
boundary line, the more features you can use to make the fit).   It seems
to me to be a valid & useful approach, but I just wondered what others
thought?
Thanks,
David.