[Talk-GB] Admin Boundaries and OS OpenData BoundaryLine

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu May 31 13:37:30 BST 2012

I have just refreshed the GPX files. The changes are:
*    file names changed - replacing spaces with underscores to minimise
any possible issues with spaces in filenames
*    attribution added - referring back to the OS OpenData source data
and associated licence
*    for admin areas which consist of multiple polygons, each polygon (a
"trkseg" in the GPX) is marked in the "cmt" (comment) tag as "outer" or
"inner". I know this can be derived from the data as outer polygons are
clockwise, but it might save someone time/effort to have this
immediately available in the GPX.

Does OSM have any facility for hosting these files? They are about 500MB
all together, but they compress very nicely.

Someone suggested I make a wiki page for this. I will try to do that at
the weekend.

Colin