[Talk-GB] Updates to the England Cycling Data project

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 08:59:13 GMT 2012

On 8 November 2012 17:51, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 November 2012 11:16, Richard Mann
> <richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A link from each project page to the editor would be quite helpful.
>
> Absolutely. I've been wrestling with the best way to do it for a
> while, since it's not a one-to-one mapping (i.e. you could use any
> editor anywhere with the background layer) but I'll hook something up.

The new maps of "to be processed" stuff are great. What would be
really useful would be some edit links on each map page. You could
provide several links to different editors (but your own Potlatch
instance with the data layer already set up would be the one I'd want
to use). Crucially, the links would start the editor at the
coordinates and zoom level currently being viewed on the map. This
would allow people to browse the map for something that needs
processing, and click an edit link to be able to jump straight to the
right point to process it.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker