[Talk-GB] OS boundary data as background images in Potlatch orJOSM

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 11:06:33 GMT 2012

J.Woollacott wrote:
> Colin
>
> Is there anyway to get the National Park's boundary lines in this
> format please?

The Peak District boundary has some info about where it came from:

Which does prompt another question - is a national park boundary defined
in terms of other features (roads etc.) or does it have it's own legal
definition?

As an example, here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.216132&lon=-1.536832&zoom=18

The boundary seems to include the road and a bit of land on the other
side of the road.  I'd always assumed that this particular park edge
(not far from where I live started at the heathland at the other side of
the road.

Cheers,
Andy