[Talk-GB] Updated GB cycle lanes map

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:36:03 BST 2012

On 2 October 2012 13:46, Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com>wrote:

> If it's that good, perhaps it would be signposted enough to be an LCN? I
> suspect it's too indirect to actually see much commuter/utility use.

Because LCN is a Sustrans numbering system. A cycle path with no number can
be created by the council or community group. I imagine there are politics
& funding involved.

> More to the point is why South Road (the hill up to
> Trevs/Mildert/Grey/Collingwood) isn't shown as urban. If you could apply
> maxspeed=30 mph tags where appropriate, that'd be appreciated.

I haven't seen speed limit signs on the road. South Road is a blooming
dangerous A road with side roads only being used for occasional traffic.
The college residents are students that walk along the really narrow
pavements on South Road.

Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com