[Talk-GB] importing house shapes

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Oct 17 12:03:20 BST 2012

On 17 October 2012 10:40, Andy Robinson <ajrlists at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Either way, I'm very much into adding
> > addressing information these days and I encourage more people to start
> > adding it.
>
> +1

Yes indeed, being able to offer a database of addresses on buildings -
albeit probably with quite patchy coverage of flats in converted houses
because they are more difficult to get right from surveys and we lack open
data - would be great for OpenStreetMap.

Lots of people will find this data useful.

It also gives much more accurate search results - Google for example is
often off by 10-30m when searching for a house number in London. OSM can be
spot on and you can see the marker sits on a building with the number so
you can trust its accuracy.

Regards,
Tom