[Talk-GB] Taginfo Golf Tags

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 09:18:46 UTC 2013

Bob Kerr wrote:

> As I have cleared up some of the obvious mistakes for the golf tag
> like using capital letters in tags, has there ever been a precedent
> where someone adopts a tag. For example if I say that I am going to
> adopt the golf=****** in english for one year. I would put my name up
> on the wiki page as adoptee.

I've not noticed any announced on this list, but if you're keeping an
eye on a particular area you'll spot the same names every now and again
making the same sorts of corrections to obvious misspellings. There are
probably a dozen of these worldwide already.

The way that I read the current mechanical edits policy
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edit_Policy

is "discuss here first" (which you've done - thanks!).  Some of the
"obvious misspelling" correctors probably pre-date that (and even this
list), which is why they haven't been mentioned here.

Cheers,
Andy