[Talk-GB] Mass edits of landuse /natural tags

John Baker rovastar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:48:24 UTC 2013

Just to be clear about what I am doing.

I have been changing many what I consider typos. The majority have been simple changes I started by cleaning up the lanes tag as I was doing work getting lanes tagged correctly for the new CartoCSS and lanes=90 (where they was not) and lanes=two made no sense. So I fixed each of these worldwide looking at aerial imagery, (e.g. needed so leave a lanes=27 or something for a massive border entrance)

Again inspired by my designing new style at doing CartoCSS styling I looked at other features that I has been doing, fountains, nightclubs, religions, ice rinks, etc

Then fixing some the nature, landuse tags, landuse=maedow to meadow, etc within the same tagtype.

Recently I wanted to tackle one of my biggest personal bugbears of natural=grass which is (now was) tagged incorrectly and should be landuse=grass. There where dozens/hundreds in my local area so I did the whole UK.

In case where I moved tag type (natural to landuse) I looked at if they added anything to the corresponding tag.

So if nature=grass already had landuse=park or something I didn't change it over.

Also I looked at the ways that had a name or had notes and decided if they where due more investigation and if to edit them or not. To be honest most didn't and it was quick and easy to check in JOSM when I highlight them all.

I tried to explain myself in the change set notes.

I like to think I have been responsible when doing this and think it improves the database/map.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Rovastar/edits?page=1