[Talk-GB] Using rights of way data

Will Phillips wp4587 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 11:06:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I notice rights of way data from a number of county councils is
available on the rowmaps.com site. It is stated that this is available
under the  'Ordnance Survey OpenData licence'.  Is there any consensus
over whether it is considered permissible to use this data in OSM?

I've been working on the understanding that OGL licensed data is
acceptable (I always tag the source). But I am unclear on the current
position regarding the Ordnance Survey OpenData licence.

If this data can be used I only plan to use it to supplement ground
surveys where signage is missing or ambiguous. For example, there are
several urban footpaths around where I live that I know to be rights
of way but they have no sign. I would like to add designation tags to
these if I can find a suitable source.

Will (will_p)