[Talk-GB] Fwd: Using rights of way data

sk53.osm sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 14:27:57 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sk53.osm <sk53.osm at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Using rights of way data
To: Will Phillips <wp4587 at gmail.com>

Will,

The OSGB license is the one we have been using for StreetView, Locator etc.
AFAIK the main issue is that councils need to get explicit permission to
release this data under this license (and each council needs to do it
separately). This was what Rob's recent message about a petition was about.

I know Nottingham have done this, but so far I've just been using the
references etc. to attach to pre-existing OSM ways, exactly as you want to
do. It's an interesting question as to whether the OSGB can claim any
rights about this type of data (and highlights another problem with even
relatively small restrictions in the license conditions). Perhaps councils
could be asked to just provide a spreadsheet of designated paths without
OSGB data under OGL :-)

Jerry