[Talk-GB] Anyone famiiar with Hay-on-Wye?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 14:44:53 GMT 2013

SomeoneElse wrote:
> I recently deleted a doodle in Hay-on-Wye, but after doing so noticed that to
> there northwest there seem to be a cycle path and a footpath _very_ close together:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.073537&lon=-3.130221&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> I guess that this could be correct, but presumably it's also possible that
> they're really the same thing.
>
> If it is incorrect, is anyone able to patch it up with local knowledge?

I can't remember the exact details around there (been many years since I last
walked it), but the main cycleway is the old railway track, and there there
several footpaths which used to run originally alongside the railway. So
probably just a case that your deletion needs rolling back. One of the problems
which makes understanding some of the close proximities is the random nature of
'layers' added just to some elements. The steps between the old track bed and
the footway passing under it start and end on the same layer? There is nothing
to distinguish the vertical relation between the two tracks going north although
guesswork would suggest that the footpath may be further down the slope towards
the river? There is quite a steep drop from the town to the river.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL