[Talk-GB] Multiple postcodes with the same location?

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jan 9 15:00:13 GMT 2013

 I'd love £1 for everyone one of our visitors has arrived via the local sorting office.

Postcodes are good for delivering post, not for navigation/insurance etc.

 Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia

On 09/01/2013 14:51 Tom Hughes wrote:

On 09/01/13 14:36, Aidan McGinley wrote:

> I've been looking at the data in the ONS Postcode data and have noticed
> that some postcodes all have the same centroid location.
>
> As an example the post codes AB101BH, AB101DU, AB101EP and AB101GS
> all map to the building mapped by this way:

The one with all the Royal Mail trucks outside on StreetView you mean?

Some large businesses which have special delivery arrangements and have
their own postcodes will map to the local delivery office, which is what
you are seeing here.

Tom

--

Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)