[Talk-GB] PRoW surveying authorities (Was: Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM: prow_ref=)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 14:34:53 GMT 2013

>Not entirely tangential question - Is there any chance that the designation tag will be rendered in the default mapnik anytime soon / ever? Or is there somewhere that already exists that >renders designations?

Yes - www.free-map.org.uk. (at least for southern and northern England and Wales)

BTW my contribution to the whole ORPA debate is that we need it in designation or similar, as I also believe highway should be the physical status.
Most ORPAS are highway=track or path, but that does not incorporate their ORPA-ness.

Seeing as they are not signposted in the main (though W Sussex and the Lake District NPA appear to sign them as "public way") I have used suspected=orpa in the past.

Nick