[Talk-GB] PRoW surveying authorities (Was: Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM: prow_ref=)

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:01:33 GMT 2013

On 24 January 2013 14:28, Adam Hoyle <adam.lists at dotankstudios.com> wrote:
> Not entirely tangential question - Is there any chance that the designation
> tag will be rendered in the default mapnik anytime soon / ever? Or is there
> somewhere that already exists that renders designations?

Since the public rights of way tagging using designation=* is a very
British (actually English and Welsh) thing, I doubt it will ever be
rendered on the main OSM map. :-(

However, depending on what you're interested in, there's a nice view
from ITO that highlights ways tagged with the main PRoW designation
tags:
http://www.itoworld.com/map/87#fullscreen

Robert.

--