[Talk-GB] PRoW surveying authorities (Was: Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM: prow_ref=)

Kevin Peat k at k3v.eu
Thu Jan 24 15:27:08 GMT 2013

On 24 Jan 2013 15:02, "Robert Whittaker (OSM lists)" <
robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the public rights of way tagging using designation=* is a very
> British (actually English and Welsh) thing, I doubt it will ever be
> rendered on the main OSM map. :-(

I don't really see why that would be the case. There must be quite a few
tags that are only popular in single countries but that still get rendered.

Using designation for legal status effectively deprecates highway=byway and
highway=bridleway so if the standard map renders don't keep up they wont be
much use for countryside users.

Kevin