[Talk-GB] Finding Unmapped public rights of way

sk53.osm sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 16:33:21 UTC 2013

Hmm, I have sitting on my desktop a whole load of QGIS analyses of OSM
designation=* against the DCC rowmap TAB file, but as I'm on my way to SotM
Baltics wont write this up until I get back.

I haven't looked in detail, but basic use of buffers seems to grab most
matching footpaths (buffer OSM data, and then use the buffered data to clip
the DCC PRoW data). Obviously crossing paths are also captured, but it
should be relatively easy to find only those footpaths where more than n%
of the route is within the buffered OSM path.

So far I've used buffers of 10, 50 and 100m against the OSM data.

I havent loaded the TAB file into PostGIS as there was some kind of
geometry problem.

Jerry

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Phil Endecott <spam_from_osmgb at chezphil.org