[Talk-GB] Highways Leading to Farms and single residential properties in rural areas

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 19:40:02 UTC 2013

Many thanks for the comments.

I will now stick to Highway=Service for direct access from roads to Farmyards.  I will also use this for residential properties set back from the road as there are quite a few old farms/farm buildings being converted into residential use.

I will also try and remember to use Access=Private when there is no public right of way designation.  I doubt that there will every be rendering for UK public rights of way on the main OSM map but it does render Highways that are tagged as private differently and it is helpful to know when a path goes through a Farmyard etc if the Highway connecting the Farmyard is a public right of way or not.

Regards

Dudley