[Talk-GB] City names translation

Pavlo Dudka pavlo.dudka at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:05:10 UTC 2014

Andy, I agree that Berlin doesn't need hundreds of name:**, but not because
they are similar. Just because 80% will never be used. name:** should be
entered by native speakers, not imported by Kolossos. Bury St Edmunds needs
[name:uk=Бері-Сент-Едмендс]. Just assume Ukrainian person reading ukrainian
article about Bury St Edmunds using Бері-Сент-Едмендс as city name. One
would like to find it in OSM, but Nominatim can not find it! It is not easy
to translate "Бері-Сент-Едмендс" back to "Bury St Edmunds" if you don't
english names of UK cities.
No, I don't want to add name:uk for cities or other objects that were never
mentioned it ukrainian texts. This is redundant.