[Talk-GB] Confirmation of Rights of Way tags

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:51:03 UTC 2014

@Nick: When we discussed how to tag the yellow arrow on its own the general
conclusion was that "it depends on the normal practice off the local
authority". AndyS cautioned that some permissive paths can be tagged just
with a yellow arrow.

@Jerry: The issue you refer to is a consequence of the way the designation
tag was previously described in potlatch2. A clean up would be nice at some
stage. It's low on my to do list at the moment. Help welcome. Oh, I seem to
recall that 'permissive' can have a legal implication (I think the deal is
that the landowner agrees to keep it open for so many days per year in
exchange for a guarantee that the path will not be made into a public right
of way - I would want to check this though).

Rob