[Talk-GB] Confirmation of Rights of Way tags

Pierre Riteau pierre at pierreriteau.name
Thu Feb 6 09:23:06 UTC 2014

Some information about permissive paths:

- [1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_of_way_in_England_and_Wales#Pe
rmissive_path

- [2]http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/Images/publicrightsofwayadvice_tc
m6-13878.pdf (end of page 2)

Apparently in some places they can be marked with a white arrow.

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, at 06:51 PM, Rob Nickerson wrote:

  @Nick: When we discussed how to tag the yellow arrow on its own the
  general conclusion was that "it depends on the normal practice off
  the local authority". AndyS cautioned that some permissive paths can
  be tagged just with a yellow arrow.

  @Jerry: The issue you refer to is a consequence of the way the
  designation tag was previously described in potlatch2. A clean up
  would be nice at some stage. It's low on my to do list at the
  moment. Help welcome. Oh, I seem to recall that 'permissive' can
  have a legal implication (I think the deal is that the landowner
  agrees to keep it open for so many days per year in exchange for a
  guarantee that the path will not be made into a public right of way
  - I would want to check this though).

  Rob