[Talk-GB] Possible vandalism? New Forth Road Bridge being changed to motorway from construction

tony wroblewski tony.wroblewski at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 20:50:51 UTC 2014

Hi Donald

I had a similar problem with a user adding random buildings to places that
don't exist, as well as really badly mapped areas with
intersecting/crossing buildings and incorrectly tagged areas. the user in
question never got back to me. It seems to me like he was using OSM as a
sandbox, to play around. I've often thought that maybe schools are using it
for student projects, or something similar.

I'm not sure how to deal with this, apart from reverting the changes. Seems
to me like some sort of moderation is needed on OSM, or at least a grading
system. i.e. Once a user has done enough contributions which have been
approved, you no longer need approval. In practice, something like this
would be very hard to implement.

Regards

Tony