[Talk-GB] [OHM] New York Public Library - Building Inspector

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:04:15 UTC 2014

Hi All, Historic Map folks,

I have now heard from Chris at National Library of Scotland (NLS). He is
very supportive* of the idea of using something similar to the NYPL
Building Inspector software and website for digitizing some of NLS's
historic maps. As NYPL have made all their software Open Source, it should
be relatively easy to roll this out with NLS's (or other) maps.

Who's interested in getting involved? You lot set the pace of this :-D

Regards,
Rob

* NLS would be able to supply the scanned and geo-rectified maps. As with
everyone else their ability to do any more is limited by their level of
funding. This should not be a problem as we can self host the website.